rangerdave Sat 6/18/11 3:53 PM

There was plenty of debate on this last year? Will we continue to see dual position players? If so, who? And will some of last year's dual position players be listed at a single position this year?

Beast-Master Wed 8/30/17 10:47 PM

MARK BARRON.... last year he was listed as DB/LB and I played him in my DB slot with a smile every week. Will he get that status again this year?

Hostetler Thu 9/13/12 1:31 PM

like dexter mccluskey!

abailey3313 Fri 7/27/12 10:20 AM

Any chance CJ Spiller receives dual eligibility at RB/WR? I had him last year in an ESPN league and towards the end of the season he became eligible at both positions (I only found out because I faced someone with him in another ESPN league and they had him in as a receiver). I don't know why it was changed, but I do know it was a huge advantage for my team over the last couple weeks of the season.

FleaMod Admin Sat 7/28/12 1:21 PM

Highly doubtful Spiller moves to RB/WR. We view these on a case-by-case basis, but it is extremely unlikely this happens.

McCluster was changed last year based on the first preseason game (we likely will never touch eligibility past mid-August). I'll paste a post I wrote last year that our positional team relayed to me on McCluster in 2011 (we will be on the lookout for players like this, but it's safe to assume Spiller is solely a RB for now, here was our McCluster post):

The Chiefs play the Rams on Friday. Our stats team will monitor the game and see if this warrants a change in McCluster's

eligibility. Other sites are changing, and we are open to do so and give him dual positions if it is warranted. We will watch the game as a statistical staff, confer with some former employees who did positional/statistical work at the

NFL, and make a decision some time this week. If he is playing there as often as a WR plays in a wildcat, we won't move him. If he is lining up out of the backfield as more

of a gadget guy, we'd move him over if he's taking definitive snaps out of the position.

ekassor Sat 4/21/12 11:30 AM

Aside from the fact I can't stand your washed out 1980s style graphics that probably looked great on a Tandy 1000, I call pure BS on FFCSR_Hal with regard to Suggs. He played just as much with his hand on the ground as not. I'm angry for personal reasons since I drafted him 2 years ago as much first IDP off the board and you arbitrarily destroyed his value for the sole purpose of stuffing all your square holes with round pegs.

I'm stuck here if I want to continue in my league, but I'll never play in another fleaflicker league and you can be sure I will voice my displeasure with fleaflicker every chance I get.

dynastyleaguefootball.com

ckleinhe Mon 7/30/12 10:43 AM

hmm, looks like twitter bootstrap-style graphics to me, which would make it somewhat more, uh, modern.

megalafox Sat 10/29/11 5:55 PM

how many games does cj spiller have to play wr before he becomes wr eligible. he has played wr only for a game or two now.

BaseNote Tue 6/28/11 12:40 AM

I.. can't imagine it's going to matter much. I can't think of any fantasy relevant players that could possibly have eligibility at more than one position. Unless we're talking IDP, and even then I can't think of much, it won't matter really at all.

rangerdave Tue 6/28/11 12:13 PM

It's a huge deal in IDP dynasty leagues as dual position players count against your limits at two positions.

FleaMod Admin Tue 6/28/11 1:32 PM

It is important in IDP leagues. Players who had dual positions last year, earned it from previous years and they hung onto their old position.

Some of them did not play that older position last year at all (Suggs, for example). Our goal is to have these fixed this week -- we plan on moving a handful players at IDP, as they did not play their other dual position at all and lost it after one year. We don't plan on making many changes, if any at all, past the end of June. We want to have everything in place by July 1 based on position for draft purposes. It's tougher this year without camps though, and that's why we have waited (lockout).

Mario Williams, who is playing in the Texans' new 5-2, will be a down lineman in that system -- so I doubt we'll be touching him from his DE status. IF anything, he will earn that dual eligibility at DE/LB and then if he just plays LB, he loses the DE status after one year of not playing it. But Phillips already said that it will act as a 5-2 with him as a DE, he retracted what he said about the LB move -- other sites jumped the gun there.

rangerdave Mon 7/4/11 7:12 PM

Are all changes done done? You mentioned Suggs being only a LB, but he is still dual eligible. I do see Hali is now only eligible at LB. What about Orakpo, Dumervil, Scott, and Williams?

FleaMod Admin Tue 7/5/11 3:05 PM

Our statistical team took a look at some film and decided that Suggs spent almost as much time down (nearly 50%) in a DE position on the d-line as up as a LB. Therefore, we are leaving him as a DL/LB for the season.

We basically take things on a case-by-case basis and look at them very seriously and strongly. It is different for every sport and for every player.

The following changes were made. We can't guarantee that we won't change others, but we will usually have a "1-year grace period" for IDPs int he tweener role.

It may be different on offense. For instance, last year Joe Webb was not given a WR/QB designation -- just QB. We try to stay consistent here.

Hali had been designated as a DL/LB for the last couple of years. When Pendergrast was their defensive coordinator in 2009, he moved to OLB and played some time at DE. Last year, with Crennel, he did not play on the line much at all; thereby losing his eligibility there for 2011 (unlike Terrell Suggs who still lines up at DE). So Hali basically lost that DL status due to the grace period ending.

After much film study, research and statistical work, we have moved Hali over for 2011 with the following changes to IDPs:

Eric Norwood DL

Eric Moore DL/LB

Brian Orakpo LB

Tamba Hali LB

Trevor Scott DL

Chris Clemons DL

FleaMod Admin Tue 7/5/11 3:08 PM

We'll have to wait to see how Mario Williams plays out when camp opens. Camp has not even opened so we definitely can't make that switch. If we go by what Wade Phillips said, he will be playing as a DE in the 5-2; I doubt we move him over to have DL/LB.

Dumervil will be staying as he is expected to play on both the DL and LB with Von Miller.

cmox Fri 6/24/11 6:49 PM

I would like to see Peyton Manning listed as QB and Offensive Coordinator. That would make me laugh.

Joking aside, one of the biggest questions was Dexter McCluster as a running back and a receiver. Flea was firm on the point that he would only be one position and I bet they won't change that policy this year.

FleaMod Admin Tue 6/28/11 1:57 AM

As of now, McCluster is going to stay at WR. With the Chiefs dearth at that position, I find it hard to believe Haley moves him over to RB full time. If he takes a couple of snaps a game in the backfield, we're going to leave him at WR. If he starts carrying the ball 10+ times like Woodhead (or if they firmly plan to), he'd move over and be dual. We won't know until camp, but as of now we are keepi g him at WR, with an open mind, as we take these on a case-by-case basis. We'd do RB/WR only if they plan on seriously lining him up back there to take a load of carries a RB would take.

Hiccup Fri 8/17/12 3:40 PM

Please advise if/when you are leaving McCluster as WR only? As was stated previously these dual position players reduce available roster spots in leagues that limit the RB/WR quantities each team is allowed. In this case McCluster counts against both the RB limit and WR limit effectively reducing the RB/WR limit by one.

FleaMod Admin Fri 8/17/12 4:41 PM

Paying much attention to the game this weekend. Contacting sources in the KC area who cover the team. Contacting NFL sources as well. We will keep you updated.

Rundalko Sat 11/24/18 12:52 AM

Here's a question, could Lamar Jackson be listed as a qb, RB if he continues to get 20 or so carries per game?