fleafounder Admin Sat 7/29/06 2:12 AM

From the Worcester Telegram:

Fleaflicker is right call

By Josh Bousquet
Two weeks ago, I wrote about informational Web sites for fantasy football fanatics, but have recently found another Internet pearl for the community. Fleaflicker.com does not provide the fantasy owner with information per se . yes, that is me explaining away the fact that I left it out of the previous column . but hosts free leagues that offer some goodies not available from the larger sites that thrive mostly on their name recognition.

In addition to being named after everyone.s favorite playground and Super Tecmo Bowl trick play, fleaflicker was built from a fan.s perspective. In addition to the live scoring and customizable leagues available everywhere, the site offers unique features such as: providing a breakdown of your roster.s positional strengths on your team page; a live draft room that will advise you of your draft progress, making you aware of such issues as having drafted two players at a position whose teams share a bye week; and, my favorite feature of all, an advanced trading system that allows for deals involving more than two teams and can also include future draft picks.

The site remains free by being ad-based, but the layout makes those ads unobtrusive and does not take away from the viewing experience. The brainchild of 2003 Boston University graduate Ori Schwartz, fleaflicker.com had its initial launch last season, but has not rested on its laurels. It.s still an active work in progress, largely involving users of the site to make improvements, including a message-board section entitled "Suggestions to improve Fleaflicker." Schwartz actively administrates the area, appears committed to solving all issues that arise and has already established a Web haven worthy of a visit.

wmal3h Wed 10/22/08 5:35 PM

THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT FANTASY FOOTBALL AND I LOVE IT. THIS WEBSITE MAKES IT EASY FOR GUYS LIKE ME.  

I AM READING POSTINGS ABOUT COUNTING DEFENSIVE POINTS. IF I GET TO THE POINT WHERE I WANT SOMETHING MORE COMPLICATED I WILL FIND A DIFFERENT PROGRAM. 

IN THE MEANTIME, I COMPLIMENT THE ORGANIZER OF FLEAFLICKER AND WILL DO MY BEST TO WIN A FEW MORE GAMES. 

THANKS GUYS!