junglejunky Thu 1/14/10 10:39 PM

can someone please explain exactly how FF's karma system works?

i dropped out of my weekly leagues because i found dailies to be more fun & challenging (as well as football leagues because i joined way too many).

i've worn this red badge of shame for weeks & have felt the ill effects.

a player i've never encountered before, who's joined a baseball league i'm in, wrote on the message board "don't trust junglejunky."

i did nothing to this player or to anyone else. i play fair & feel like i'm a part of this community.

i feel i've served my penance and yet, i'm stigmatized because of this karma system.

so please, someone enlighten me -

mr karma

(junglejunky)

deen Thu 2/4/10 9:34 AM

You get flags when you drop public leagues, if the league isnt private and drop too many you get the stupid flag.

I dont like the sytstem as it gives you a bad rep..Its flawed, there are plenty of reasons for dropping leagues instead of the "my team sucks" excuse..

Reasons like cheating and corruption, commish being power hungry and over abusing his powers, settings being changed after the draft, not liking the settings, dead league, stupid trades, etc, etc, etc..This list can go on and on and everything is a legit reason to leave a league except for not liking the settings which is something you can see before you join but the thing about that is if you wanna join leagues on fleaflicker you pretty much have to join leagues you know you wont like because nobody knows how to set up a god damn league on flea..There arent very many customized leagues on flea.

Right now i'd like to drop a couple of leagues but im afraid to because of this flag system..Its just stupid, check my profile you'll see I know what im doing and active, thats all you need to know.

deen Thu 2/4/10 9:46 AM

I can tell you right now that Junglejunkie doesnt deserve his flag..Im in some leagues with him, he's active, knows what he's doing and he talks on the leagues message boards..What else can you want?

Im in the league where this guy called him out, the dude only said it because of his flag..The guy has no history on fleaflicker so theres no way he knows jungle junkie.

Just get rid of the flag system, it doesnt prove anything..

deen Thu 2/4/10 9:59 AM

If you wanna dish out bad reliability flags then give them to the owners who dont show up for drafts and/or stop running their teams..

These are the owners who deserve flags...

junglejunky Thu 2/4/10 11:48 AM

deen, u are a scholar & a gentleman.

now that's REP.

& u bring up even more valid points about the red flag system's ineffectiveness.

deen Thu 2/4/10 12:44 PM

Haha..I just think the flag system is stupid and we're better off without it.

1. You can drop as many private league as you want and its no biggie but you drop 2-3 public leagues youre screwed.

2. I pointed out numerous reasons for leaving a league and they're all legit reasons..My team sucks isnt the only reason for dropping out.

3. Inactive owners and owners who dont show up for drafts dont get a flag.

4. No good karma for staying active, show up for drafts, running leagues making sure everybody else is staying active and logging on flea numerous times a day everyday..

I dont know but what I get from the flag system is its ok not showing up for drafts and going inactive but just dont drop out.

deen Thu 2/4/10 12:58 PM

By the way, I want to clear up my "nobody knows how to set up a league on flea" comment..

Obviously alot of us know how to set up a league...Just saying when you go to the join a league directory, 80-90% of the leagues available are flea default leagues.

So its pretty much damned if you do and damned if you dont.

junglejunky Thu 2/4/10 2:54 PM

u bring up another good case point.

wit the flag, a user can't create any new leagues.

if you'll recall, there were 12 football eagues created last season that all carried the moniker, "BIG rosters - nuff said'.

who do u think created that brand?

<------the guy wit the flag.

i still commish 7 of them but have passed the torch to 5 other players who manage those keeper leagues.

is an admin waiting for this thread to hit 20 before they speak on it?

just curious, i've seen admins respond to a single reply and yet, no feedback.

an immediate change was made in response to the "TOT" question regarding rebounding totals. within hours.

this thread's been running almost a month.

junglejunky Thu 2/4/10 2:55 PM

are rebounds more important than karma?

DARKSEID Thu 2/4/10 5:16 PM

You are about one of the only people I have seen this year with a flag. Last year they were every wheres. Maybe the Flea gods know more about what you did then you are letting onto? I've seen people write them and ask them to remove it and they did so in no time at all. Maybe they want you to carry around your ball and chain for a good reason?

junglejunky Thu 2/4/10 9:53 PM

i dropped out of a lot of leagues because i joined too many.

i wasn't careful when i started playing last fall.

i've learned a lot quickly about this community and have had fun connecting wit other sports fanatics on here.

i've created keeper brands and joined private leagues (something u can still do by the way with a flag) and yes, i regret being a putz.

but this chain is not only getting heavy but it's starting to become radioactive.

gods?

more like absentee landlords.

deen Thu 2/4/10 10:26 PM

I think if you contact the fleafounder (Ori) they'll probably remove your flag.

Theres a contact link around here somewhere.

DARKSEID Fri 2/5/10 3:17 PM

Maybe he finaly did. His flag is gone. Congrats!