blaker414 Thu 11/29/12 4:29 PM

This isn't happening in my league but I wanted you to settle an argument I'm having regarding playoff tiebreakers for leagues where there are two divisions and the tiebreaker is head-to-head, then division record, then average points.

The issue is regarding when there are multiple teams tied for a wild card spot that are in different divisions.

Let's say team #1 and team #2 are in the same division and team #3 is in a different division

If one of the teams went undefeated against the other two teams then they get the playoff spot. Otherwise does it come down to total points or play out like below?

Team #1 and team #2 have a mini-tiebreaker against each other to see who advances to a tiebreaker with team #3. So say team #1 and team #2 split their head-to-head, then it comes down to who has the better division record. Whoever has the better division record then faces off in the tiebreaker with team #3,...since they wouldn't have played each other twice then it'll come down to their head-to-head matchup.

Thanks for your help

FleaMod Admin Thu 11/29/12 4:41 PM

You have to let me know what team swept the other two teams so I can better answer it.

blaker414 Thu 11/29/12 4:47 PM

Sorry, I was trying to say that if no team swept the other two teams then would it come down to total points or the way I played it out in the second to last paragraph

FleaMod Admin Thu 11/29/12 8:04 PM

It only breaks H2H when one team is swept by all the others or have swept the others. If two of the three are in the same division, it then knocks the first one out with the worse division record.