PackRule22 Thu 5/9/13 2:12 PM

Hello, my league just had our annual rookie draft and it went fine but we are now having trouble with waivers/free agents. As of now, when I unlock free agents, all of the players are just that, free agents, and people can pick them up anyone they want on a first come first serve basis. Is there a way that it can be set up so that when I unlock free agents every player will be on waivers so that any owner has a chance to make a claim and claims can be resolved via waiver priority?

FleaMod Admin Thu 5/9/13 4:10 PM

Yes, you can:

1) commish options->edit waiver wire rules->turn waivers on to your liking

2) commish options-> edit transaction rules->lock free agents during preseason->YES

Maximum-Puns Mon 5/13/13 5:19 PM

From the description provided under "2) commish options-> edit transaction rules->lock free agents during preseason->YES," it seems that players will remain on waivers until the regular season begins. However, I would like to put all free agents on waivers following the draft and then be able to immediately (or after a few days) implement a blind-bidding waiver system, and NOT wait until the regular season to allow free agent/waiver pickups.

jnormy Thu 5/16/13 1:31 PM

I'm in the same boat as Maximum-Puns, I would like to know how to do this too. Please advise, thanks!

FleaMod Admin Thu 5/16/13 2:01 PM

They will run once a week on the day of your choosing if you follow the steps provided above by our Admin.

Maximum-Puns Thu 5/16/13 4:12 PM

Okay, so I tested the system as advised and I was able to claim a player. However, after waivers ran, they players didn't become free agents -- they became claimable again. Will this change once the season starts? Ideally, players would be free agents until game times, then they go on waivers until waivers are processed, and then players not picked up become free agents again (until game time starts). Is that how it will work once the season starts? Thanks!

FleaMod Admin Thu 5/16/13 4:20 PM

Yes, once the season starts the functionality is different there and on a first-come, first-served basis after weekly waivers run. Only in the preseason does it work like this because of OTAs, preseason games at different times, and injury news and starting news coming out at different times -- it is the "fairest" way we deemed.

Maximum-Puns Fri 5/17/13 8:15 AM

Fantastic. Thanks for your quick reply!

rangerdave Fri 5/17/13 9:41 AM

That function starts after Week One games have been played.