D-Day Tue 9/13/05 3:32 PM

I am trying to make a Waiver Claim. I only have three claims, and now when I try to add a new one, it says I cannot because the player is locked. The player is listed as Free Agent and is NOT locked, and someone else in my league was able to make a waiver claim for the same player. What gives??

Kev Tue 9/13/05 4:02 PM

All free agents are locked until the day of waivers...it is usually wednesday in most leagues, thursday in a few others. This is done to prevent someone from signing all potential free agents on sunday as he watches the injuries unfold during the game. Waivers are locked, and then released based on reverse team rankings in your league. For example, the 12th rank team will have his first waiver claim processed first. The #1 ranked team in your league will have his first waiver claim processed last. Since your team is allowed three claims, that means that currently only two teams are ranked lower than you in your league. Thus, even if the two lower ranked teams have the same waiver claims you do, you are guaranteed to get one of those three claims. Make sure you prioritize your claims. Your friend may be able to make more claims than you at this current time, but when waivers are processed each team will only have ONE player claimed for them--the highest claim remaining on their list. He only gets to add more claims now because his team will be one of the last processed during waivers (based on rank). Therefore, he has the opportunity to add more claims because it is likely many teams ahead of him may want the same players. see waivers under the home help page for more information.

KingsColts Thu 9/11/14 1:41 PM

I'm seeing this same issue with Josh Gordon in my league. Other guys that were cut the same time as him are available to me to add but he shows up as "locked" and when I hover over the button it says its processing waiver claims and if no claims are made in "3hrs" he will become available. Why can't I just add him like all the other free agents in our league?

FleaMod Admin Thu 9/11/14 2:10 PM

The other free agents were not on rosters. In your league, after a player is dropped, he must clear waivers. You can see another owner had him and dropped him, so waivers must process for dropped players:

fleaflicker.com

KingsColts Thu 9/11/14 2:43 PM

Celek was just cut and I'm able to add him, same with the Browns Defense. They were both cut more recently than Gordon. And even if it is a case of having to clear waivers, why can't I put in a waiver claim?

FleaMod Admin Thu 9/11/14 3:34 PM

Celek is showing as a Claim, not an Add (I just checked your league); the same as Gordon was. You can go ahead and select the green claim button.

KingsColts Thu 9/11/14 3:38 PM

There is no claim button for Gordon when I check. Just the "locked" button.

KingsColts Thu 9/11/14 3:41 PM

Sorry, I have been using claim and add in general. Celek was available to "claim" for me but Gordon isn't. It's the same with Manziel, Schaub and Hillman. They were all cut around the same time yesterday.

FleaMod Admin Thu 9/11/14 3:56 PM

Claims were processing for those players at the time. You likely hit the window when they were going through, so you were unable to put in a Claim/Add for them then. You can go back in a short while and see if they are free agents to Add.