Sonny_D Thu 11/22/12 9:33 PM

Does he get individual credit if you start him as a WR even though the TD came on special teams? Our league is set up to give individual players TD scores plus the TM defense as well. Please advise

thriftyrocker Thu 11/22/12 11:17 PM

So basically there's no way for an individual player to get credit for a special teams fumble recovery TD? Or did the TD count as a "Defensive TD" for IDP players even though it happened on special teams?

What scoring rule would I have to apply to all players in order to count it? Or is it just a black hole?

FleaMod Admin Thu 11/22/12 11:31 PM

He is a WR, he would have had to have been a defensive player. The Patriots get credit for the TD, but Edelman as a WR will not.

FleaMod Admin Thu 11/22/12 11:32 PM

You would have to have your commish edit the scoring rules if you want Edelman to receive the points.

Sonny_D Fri 11/23/12 12:20 AM

I just looked up the scoring settings and on defense, it appears you can designate a defensive TD to "ALL" instead of just "TM" meaning only team defense. Wouldn't this scoring rule change then give credit to Edelman as well as the New England team defense?

FleaMod Admin Fri 11/23/12 2:26 AM

The ALL still will not apply to Edelman, as he is not an IDP. ALL would apply to players in that category that are DL, LB, DB and TM -- so, the scoring rule change would not give points to Edelman.

Edelman is not considered an IDP player and for fantasy purposes, we take every play on a case-by-case basis. Edelman will not receive points for the ST TD that he ran in; the Patriots defense will, but Edelman will not according to our default rules. The commissioner can change this and tweak this at his discretion.

ImmaBigDeal Fri 11/23/12 9:42 AM

So if djack scores a td on a return, is that not a td either? He is on special teams when he scores, just like edelman...or what if edelman was on punt (TM) and the fake it, he scores on the fake - does he not get a td there?

ImmaBigDeal Fri 11/23/12 9:44 AM

My point is if you start a guy, he scores, no matter the position or situation, he should get that td...there is no logic against that...

FleaMod Admin Fri 11/23/12 10:36 AM

There are separate returning rules, so Jackson would get the points had your league had it incorporated -- but not separate fumble recovery rules on ST or non-IDP players right now. Talk to your commish.

You would have to edit past box scores on Tuesday.

FleaMod Admin Fri 11/23/12 10:40 AM

Your explanations both have the Eagles starting on offense, so yes, he'd score-Edelman didn't start on offense, so they are different in nature. Sorry we can't accommodate a new rule for this right now, but it's structured this way for a reason. Again, your commish can change scores Tuesday and can email us any time to help -- and we'll work on having a separate category for offensive special team fumble returns next year, we understand where you're coming from.

Thanks.

FleaMod Admin Fri 11/23/12 12:33 PM

This was updated to give Edelman a TD recovery.

thriftyrocker Mon 11/26/12 5:12 PM

I actually have a league where it was double counted now (actually 2, but one he was benched).

fleaflicker.com

And in the league scoring settings we have

6 points for every Defensive TD ALL

6 points for every Fumble Return TD QB, RB, WR, TE, K

I'm guessing we should delete the Fumble Return TD scoring to prevent double-scoring. Do you concur?

FleaMod Admin Mon 11/26/12 5:48 PM

It's up to you, but it's double purposely there per your rules.

rangerdave Fri 11/23/12 12:17 PM

An ALL designation for Defensive TD does give credit to Edelman. Here is Edelman's scoring for a league with that rule: fleaflicker.com

Sonny_D Fri 11/23/12 12:20 PM

That's what I thought. Thanks for that update.

FleaMod Admin Fri 11/23/12 12:33 PM

This was updated to give Edelman a TD recovery.