Rebop Thu 9/22/05 2:21 AM

Many great things to say about this site, folks. But would love it if you stop the animated advertisements. They flash and move and make it very difficult to focus on the otherwise excellent and ever-improving features of the site. Understand the need for ads, but these animated detractors cause me to bail out of the site for fear of epileptic seizures. . .

Rebop Sat 9/24/05 9:49 PM

Ori: It's not all ads, just the animated and flickering ads. Wouldn't be so bad if they quit flickering after, say, five seconds. It's really difficult to focus on screen content so I bail. The advertisers who don't drive me away keep their ads in front of me long enough to comprehend content. A lot of us are here after spending $30/team at ESPN and left unhappy, tho' many are here after trying out their free service. I'd be the most unpopular owner on the site if I suggested that you could get everyone to cough up that kind of money, but you might consider offering an add-free version in addition to the free version if you're unable to limit the epilepsy-inducing revenue opportunities. Again, hat's off to you you for your excellent site, and I'm the first to hope that you can recoup your costs and make this a successful commercial venture. As with any entreprenuer, they're entitled to some customer feedback when elements of the product are causing the client base to limit its utilization. Ads are no problem. Except the animated variety that make extended viewing of the screen difficult.