joenorwood77 Tue 7/26/11 3:28 AM

Please, please, please add the feature to hold online auction drafts on Fleaflicker for 2011! We used ESPN for the auction draft then I manually entered everything onto Fleaflicker. While this works, it is hugely inconvenient for everyone involved. Auction drafts are becoming more and more popular, so I am confident many leagues will use this feature. I know this was on Fleaflickers to-do list for 2010 so I am checking on the status to see if this is still in the works or if it has been scrapped.

FleaMod Admin Tue 7/26/11 8:30 AM

In the works with many other enhancements, but can't promise a timetable whatsoever

dtolbert Wed 8/31/11 1:03 PM

how about a "ball park" timeframe?

Haddoq Sun 6/16/13 8:01 AM

How many years will it take?

DARKSEID Sun 6/16/13 1:16 PM

I think it's safe to say more then two.

rainbowrob Fri 7/26/13 2:42 PM

This is a feature fleaflicker really needs to add, it is keeping the site from being as good as it can be. Without this and 2 week playoff games my new league will probably be starting at espn. Which sucks because I prefer fleaflicker's interface.

flipperbw Tue 8/5/14 7:00 PM

I'll go ahead and add that this is the only thing keeping me on ESPN and Yahoo over you guys. You've got the opportunity to take over both of them with a much more customizable, cleaner site.

JohnDiaz Sun 8/10/14 2:53 AM

With how great this site is, it is absolutely astounding that they don't have auction capability on this site.

Belatruths Mon 4/13/15 10:36 AM

Any updates to this for the coming season?

FleaMod Admin Tue 4/14/15 4:04 PM

Nothing to update right now in terms of a timetable, but it's very important and on our active development agenda as we continue to work on improving our draft software. Hopefully we'll have it soon as we know how important it is to our users and site.

JohnDiaz Tue 4/28/15 3:38 PM

So it was on Fleaflicker's to-do list in 2010, but it still is not done. I'm just trying to comprehend that.

FleaMod Admin Thu 4/30/15 10:52 AM

It's something we are making progress on for sure. We apologize for the delay but certainly hope to have it soon -- we realize its importance and are working on auction drafts in developmental testing now.

We still do not have a firm timetable, though.

samroos Sun 8/16/15 1:48 PM

I'm a big fleaflicker fan, and would like to keep my leagues here in the future... but we're heading into year 4 now of having to do our auctions on other sites. I don't mean to be rude or disingenuous (certainly I'M not capable of developing this software), but four years seems like more than enough time to develop a fairly simple web-app that at least a dozen other sites offer without issue. It's too late to change this year, but, if there's not an auction for next year, I may bite the bullet and go back to ESPN or (ugh) Yahoo! It's a bit much, guys.

JohnDiaz Sun 8/16/15 8:50 PM

I think I'd have to agree with this sentiment. To add to the well written sentiment by samroos, obviously I can't develop a web app capable, but at this point in 2015, even Yahoo and ESPN have auction software. That certainly wasn't the case in 2010, but it is now. I love that FF has a free support forum where someone from FF actually responds. And I know the intentions are good. At this point, I am basically on FF because of the wonderful almanac and being able to have a historical record of players, but if that is the only thing, I'm going to have to at least start thinking of other options. I would even be open to paying for additional options (being able to add fields on team pages for salaries and contracts for example!).

samroos Wed 8/19/15 4:37 PM

Yeah. In the past, Fleaflicker has been great about working with me, personally. I even gave testimonials for their advertisements in the past; I'm a dedicated fan of the site. It would be a shame for me and for them to end that relationship, but at this point, I'm putting in extra work just for the sake of keeping it here. I'm sure there are dozens of other leagues that might come here, but for the lack of auction support.

JohnDiaz Thu 8/20/15 12:45 AM

That's exactly right. Any serious, in depth league's commissioner absolutely must have an external site, whether that be a website or message board or Facebook group that has pertinent league information that FleaFlicker is not capable of storing. And that is a shame. Yahoo and ESPN also are not capable, but now there are modestly priced competitors like Fantrax and My Fantasy League (at least for football). Obviously FleaFlicker is free. But so is ESPN and Yahoo and while FF has the almanac for players and leagues, ESPN and Yahoo now have auction software. So I guess that is a tradeoff. But yes, any commissioner of a serious league does have to do extra work on an external site to keep things organized and a successful league running on FF.

samroos Sat 8/22/15 12:48 PM

...and the silence from fleaflicker, who we know has seen the thread, is deafening. A real shame.

loubonz Sun 8/23/15 3:38 AM

I dont get it either. 4 years..

bootnylee Wed 9/2/15 9:29 AM

I love the high customization of the points scoring on this site, but I had to move our league to another site after years of waiting for improvements because A) the online draft reliability has been poor, B) the live scoring reliability has been sporadic and C) the site appearance and interface is so drab. I am keeping the league we have here (just inactive) in the very unlikely chance that FF finally improves on these issues. Not holding my breath. I'm sure we will see other more reliable sites go to the level of points scoring customization sooner than FF making improvements. I made the decision to move our league, after years of waiting for improvement, at the end of last season because I was tired being a FF apologist.

fleafounder Admin Wed 9/2/15 12:46 PM

We're sorry to see you go. We're a smaller team so we always have to make tough decisions about prioritizing our development efforts. This season we focused on upgrading our server infrastructure and sports data (we now get stats straight from the NFL stadiums, often before the play is broadcast on TV). The items you mention are important and they are on our radar. Hopefully you give us another chance in the future.

Clarky Sun 10/4/15 10:05 AM

Never going to happen people.

Kohawks Wed 7/6/16 6:36 PM

Any update on the auction draft progress? I completely agree that it would be a fantastic addition, but I can understand that it may take some manpower and time.

samroos Sat 7/9/16 8:09 AM

Clarky has bingo; it's never going to happen.

Between the auction and my leaguemates' frustrations with the mobile site / lack of app, I'll be moving both of our leagues to espn this year. It sucks. Fleafounder, thanks for your reply and your site the past years. I feel like I'm breaking up with a girlfriend here. Best of luck, hope you find someone who loves you for what you are not what you could be, text me anytime, etc.

JohnDiaz Thu 7/14/16 2:57 PM

Well, you couldn't be more wrong about FleaFlicker sucking, because it doesn't. And there's no real need for an app. Regardless, if you're frustrated about the lack of auction software, say that - I can understand that. I love FleaFlicker and it is far and away better than ESPN except for maybe auction software.

ThePecker Sat 7/23/16 7:57 PM

What does everyone use for their auction draft? I was thinking of using this as my hosting site but I just found this thread and realized they don't have any auction software to use. Please point me in a direction.

LuciferM Fri 6/9/17 9:27 PM

No auction draft? After 8 years of asking? Boooo

JohnDiaz Fri 6/16/17 4:01 PM

@ThePecker - one option is to use Yahoo's or ESPN's auction software and move the results manually over to FleaFlicker. Pain in the butt for sure, but that's one solution.

InSaNe1989 Mon 7/10/17 2:43 AM

You all may be a smaller team but I am yet to see a single suggestion that you say "is on our to do list" actually get completed. It has been 6 freaking years since this was requested and told to your CUSTOMERS that it would be completed.

For god sake I could have gone to school, got a 4 year degree in programming with a masters in programming in 2 years and programmed this request in probably less than a month.

No matter the size of your supposed "team" there is tons of improvements that would take a simple code change or addition.

Pathetic you all are leading everyone on in every single one of these posts. It is disgusting.

Floatesy009 Wed 8/2/17 10:09 AM

@InSaNe1989. Guy, just stop. No, you would not be able to "program this request in probably less than a month." No, building an entirely new feature like an auction draft, that works flawlessly with thousands of users on it simultaneously, is not a "simple code change or addition." So put a sock in it. I'll go out on a limb and assume that you've never worked on, worked with, or near a software development team. The reason ESPN and Yahoo can spin up a new auction draft feature on their sites is because they are enormous corporations that can invest millions of dollars into multiple teams to crank that out within a year or two. And yes, it would take several (expensive) teams to get that done. FleaFlicker is a relatively small shop, a drop in the bucket compared to those giants, so they need to carefully prioritize what their limited development resources will work on. Go learn how to code a site from scratch if you think you can do it yourself. Otherwise, shut up and enjoy the rest of their free features. Or go to another site that offers what you're looking for.

Just sayin'...

JohnDiaz Thu 8/3/17 2:08 PM

Kudos!

InSaNe1989 Thu 8/3/17 7:48 PM

Suck it you idiot. I never said the auction draft would be a simple code change. I said a LOT of the requests from users are simple changes.

Don't defend these people. It has been 8 damn years. Any other company would be out of business if it was 8 years behind market trends you dam bozo

shanewoody Wed 8/9/17 7:25 PM

My league of 9 years decided before the start of last year that we were going to switch to an auction draft this year. I just logged in to re-activate the league and was disappointed to see that it is not an option. I hate to switch to Yahoo after all the great years here but the lure of an auction draft is just too great to stick around. Thanks for the memories! Chao

redguard Thu 8/10/17 6:06 PM

I really wanna use this site. I really wanna do auction. I really don't want to do an auction draft elsewhere, just to have to come here and spend time manually importing it - I feel I might as well just use the site that I used to draft to play.

It's 2017 y'all. You can completely dismantle ESPN and yahoo if you add this one feature. This forum has been around since 2010 or 2011.

redguard Thu 8/10/17 6:13 PM

Debuting a mobile app this year is one thing - but your site is so simple and easy to use on phone browsers that it could have waited until next year or the year after. I know my words probably mean little to you because I'm only a prospective customer, but I honestly want this site to succeed. I'm 100 percent down for Yahoo and ESPN (and for horrible NFL.com) to find out that they just don't have it when it comes to simplicity - but not offering auction settings doesn't put any pressure on them at all.

purple_n_orange Thu 8/10/17 6:42 PM

This thread is amazing. I had this same question and came to see it was in the works 6+ years ago.

Like others, this is make or break for me. I'm not manually transferring info over in 2017 that's absurd.

JohnDiaz Fri 8/11/17 3:33 PM

I would never ever switch to Yahoo simply because of a lack of auction. Good grief, there are about 50 steps I would take to prevent that from happening. There are so many options before that needs to happen.

JohnDiaz Fri 8/11/17 3:35 PM

I think it would take me, literally, about an hour to manually transfer complete draft information from any other site that my league had an auction on to FleaFlicker. If you or a league commissioner doesn't want to do that kind of work for the sake of a league, I fear for the league.

Brenan008 Sat 6/16/18 6:43 PM

Bump

twinger Sun 2/17/19 4:05 PM

So do we have any information on auction drafts or is this still 8 years in the works?...

persiandud Wed 12/25/19 6:23 PM

Auction draft?

TomatoHead7 Tue 4/14/20 10:50 AM

Any updates?

AronKi Thu 4/16/20 1:20 PM

:D