mhansen Wed 8/28/13 10:17 AM

Please answer my question on this forum...

fleaflicker.com

FleaMod Admin Wed 8/28/13 10:32 AM

Please post your direct question here. There is too much on that page to digest.

mhansen Wed 8/28/13 10:37 AM

For this question it may be easier to follow the link bc there is background detail and multiple responses already.

FleaMod Admin Wed 8/28/13 10:44 AM

A few different moderators were responding to the topic so I would need a fresh explanation of what the issue is. It would be easier for us if you can please just let me know what the request is here.

mhansen Wed 8/28/13 3:07 PM

Ok. Our league has 14 teams. We wanted three divisions. Two with five teams. One with four. We were told to select an 18 team league and only fill fourteen. I did this but then the draft wouldnt generate and the schedule as well. I was told to create four dummy teams using the create a team option and then delete them. So, I created four dummy teams as suggested. It created the draft order and created the schedule. I deleted the four teams and now the schedules disappeared? I went to edit regular season schedule>>custom and it said that it cannot be done until the league is full. What should I do to accommodate how we want ot set up with three divisions and still have the schedule generate?

FleaMod Admin Wed 8/28/13 3:27 PM

The draft looks fine. Fill the league with the dummy teams to edit the draft order. Remove the dummy teams after you edit the draft order. Then draft (it will still let you draft). After you draft the schedule will be automatically generated. You can then edit it manually by going to Edit Regular Season Schedule

mhansen Wed 8/28/13 4:03 PM

Thanks

mhansen Sun 9/1/13 1:00 PM

Fleaflicker,

Quick follow-up question. I created the dummy teams and edited the draft how we want the order. I deleted four picks from each round (because we only want 14 teams). We are going to do a live draft, but I will set it up as an e-mail draft so I can select everyone's picks directly into the site as we go. Should I delete the four dummy teams before we do the draft or after we do the draft? You previously put in the last response that I could delete the dummy teams and still be able to draft and then it will generate a schedule after the draft is complete. I just want to make sure that nothing gets screwed up and I have to re-enter the enter 16 round draft again.

FleaMod Admin Sun 9/1/13 1:17 PM

There's no harm deleting the four dummy teams before and then editing your draft order before the live draft because once the live draft starts, you can't edit anything, so remove the dummy teams now.

mhansen Sun 9/1/13 1:34 PM

Ugh, I deleted those four dummy teams and now the draft order is screwed up. Is there anyway to restore or do I have to put in the entire draft order again.

mhansen Sun 9/1/13 1:35 PM

I am unable to edit the draft order after deleting those four teams as well.

FleaMod Admin Sun 9/1/13 1:40 PM

You can't heave both really, it's going to change your schedule once you whittle it down. You would have to put the draft order in again. Sorry.

mhansen Sun 9/1/13 1:43 PM

So, I should have just deleted four picks per round as I had done and leave the dummy teams in there for the draft. Then once the draft is complete, I could delete the dummy teams? Would I then be able to edit the schedule once the dummy teams were deleted? Or will it say that I cannot edit the schedule if the league is not full even though the draft is complete?

FleaMod Admin Sun 9/1/13 1:50 PM

Yes, but if the dummy teams are in there for the live draft, they are going to be drafted for. So you may have to hit pause and select a player for them that no one would select (sort backwards in the live applet's column usually works).

mhansen Sun 9/1/13 1:57 PM

Ok, luckily I only had to change four picks in each round. When I edited the draft order, I didn't give the dummy teams any draft picks, so I assume it will skip them. After the draft is considered to be over, I can delete the dummy teams and it will let me edit schedules still?

FleaMod Admin Sun 9/1/13 2:20 PM

Yes