BanicaTom Mon 8/28/17 5:33 PM

During a slow draft, it might help speed things up if whenever an owner's turn to pick came up, he/she was emailed a quick "You're on the clock!" message.

Without the draft queue, while simple, this could significantly speed up drafts. Even with the draft queue, it is still a very useful feature as some owners draft queue will have emptied or perhaps they want to talk trade once they are on the clock. I have noticed in some leagues in which I play, that some owners don't draft and don't draft... then I send them an email and... within an hour, a pick is made.

fleafounder Admin Wed 8/30/17 12:36 PM

Hi

Sounds like you're using the live draft room but pausing the draft? We don't send out email alerts for live drafts because they're supposed to be relatively quick.

Have you tried doing an email draft? We do send out email notifications for those:

fleaflicker.com

NCGiantsFan Wed 8/30/17 4:06 PM

I'm pretty sure he is talking about email drafts. And Fleaflicker does send out emails after every pick. For example I'm in an email draft right now and I got this:

Hi,

A draft pick has been made in your league, Hardcore PPR League.

With the 3rd pick in round 7, Flying high 8/20 selected Adam Thielen WR MIN.

Upcoming picks:

7.4 #76 Dynomutt

7.5 #77 Akron Indians

7.6 #78 com4-8-20-Ground N' Pound

You're Up In 5 Picks

To view the complete draft board and make a selection, please visit fleaflicker.com

Thanks,

The Fleaflicker Team

I think his particular situation is either some of the owners are not checking emails or have shut off alerts. Our league requires every owner to get alerts, plus we enforce a 24-hour pick limit. If an owner doesn't make a pick within 24hrs, the commish makes the pick for him/her and all future picks for that owner have a 12-hour limit, If the owner misses the 12-hour limit, then all future picks are made by the commish.

BanicaTom Wed 8/30/17 7:43 PM

NCGiantsFan is correct (probably on all counts). It is an email draft and perhaps owners have shut off alerts. And unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done by Fleaflicker if owners are not going to cooperate be receiving notices. Individual leagues can police themselves as is done by the NYGF's league.

Wait! How about this idea (spurred by what is done in NCGF's league... add an option allowing a Commish (with a single click) to set all owners in his league to receive draft alerts. If an owner was receiving them, it would do nothing, but it would reset any who might have turned off alerts.