FFCSR_Doug Tue 6/2/09 12:26 PM

As you probably all have noticed Fleaflicker looks a little different today. Fleaflicker will now offer fantasy baseball in addition to football.  

You can start playing immediately but this is still a beta product and we need your feedback to improve it and iron out all the bugs. 

About the game: 
The baseball game has a very similar feel Fleaflicker's football game. Our goal is to provide a game that can be easy and fun for casual players but also customizable enough to meet the demands of even the most devout Bill James followers. 

The game currently supports: 
- Head to head points based leagues, similar to football (no rotisserie or total points yet) 
- Daily or weekly locking lineups 
- Highly customizable hitting, pitching and fielding scoring rules 

All of your past footbal teams and leagues will remain totally intact.  

In addition, here are upgrades for baseball that will also apply to football: 
- Ability to set future lineups 
- Roster max increased to 40 players (+ IR spots) 
- News provided by Rotowire 
- Positive values only scoring option (you can prevent players from scoring negative points in any given game) 
- Option to lock all lineup slots when the first game of the week starts 
- Trading delay removed (you no longer have to wait until Tuesday to trade players that had games earlier in the week) 
- Increased ability to sort on free agent player pages and filter on stats pages 
- Forum dedicated to recruiting new owners 
- Forum dedicated to user submitted news and analysis 

Please send us your questions, suggestions and issues via email or on this forum thread.  

Thanks 
Doug & Ori

deen Mon 12/20/10 10:05 AM

Hal, can you explain to us what the programmer has to do to make this possible? I guess I can understand programming roto and h2h cats can take some time but why is transaction limits so hard?

If you guys cant do it then thats fine but if anything can you at least give us transaction limits? I know I sound like a broken record because ive been asking for this for over a year but im gonna have baseball leagues fall apart this year because of this...Even in basketball its frustrating, 10 leagues with at least 80 transactions everyday and I cant really say anything about it because its within the rules with no limts available..

deen Mon 12/20/10 10:09 AM

An owner knows he doesnt have to show up for a draft because he can stream his way to a win..Auto picks will give him 10 good players or whatever then he can dump and reload the rest of the players everyday.

Its just not right.

[Deleted User] Tue 12/14/10 10:03 PM

Nice basbeall games guys. I rather watch Hal suck a basbeall through a tube then play baseball without transation limits. No joke.

Volt Thu 12/16/10 1:09 PM

Well if that is the case, then hopefully they won't get transaction limits so you won't join any more leagues and drop out mid-year.

DARKSEID Mon 12/13/10 6:05 PM

HAL, ARE WE GETTING TRANSACTION LIMITS OR NOT????

InSpades Tue 12/14/10 6:44 PM

Sadly, I think that's a 'NOT'

FleaMod Admin Wed 12/15/10 3:53 PM

I don't know, I am not privy to the status of the programming. If I knew, I would tell you, but I am not an IT guy. The site is committed to getting these upgrades, but there is no exact timetable. If I find out anything further, I'll let you guys know.

scotto1959 Wed 12/15/10 6:24 PM

What have you guys done with Orgy???

Volt Thu 12/16/10 1:08 PM

Time to hire a programmer who can actually program...

FleaMod Admin Thu 12/16/10 1:12 PM

Understand your frustration with everything.

He works very hard, however, and we are all very committed to the site like I said above. If I hear any news on updates, I will let you know. I don't want you guys feeling we are leaving you in the cold, it is all a work in progress.... When I know, you guys will be the first to know. All I can say is our head programmer is very committed to the site and works hard in implementing your suggestions and improvements.

Thanks for understanding, guys. We're doing our best.

Volt Thu 12/16/10 1:59 PM

The problem here is that things like the limits and roto scoring were supposed to be ready for LAST season. If they were supposed to be ready that long ago, what is taking so long to have them ready now?

Another problem was the complete silence out of anybody from Flea on these issues for such a long period of time. I know that as a CSR you may not be given all the info you need on all things, somebody at Flea needs to start passing info along to the users. It is ridiculous that things like celeb leagues, comments on news articles and even logos took precedent over things that are actually useful and pretty much necessary to make baseball worthwhile on this site.

[Deleted User] Thu 12/16/10 2:12 PM

I know you guys are now taking the approach of don't tell or promise anything until something is releases to prevent what's happened in the past if broken promises and time lines. What year will this programmer graduate from college lol? Only one programmer? What's his back ground? AOL needs to step up and fund this operation...

scotto1959 Thu 12/16/10 5:17 PM

They can't do it. The formats are to large givin the data base they use.

scotto1959 Wed 12/8/10 3:00 AM

HEY YOU TARDS!!! WHAT ABOUT BASEBALL TRANSACTIONS!!!

DARKSEID Wed 12/8/10 6:36 PM

Hal's answer from 7 months ago. WTF!!!

By FFCSR_Hal Fleaflicker Admin 7 Months · Reply · Link

Transaction limits and slot limits are something that should be incorporated soon

Volt Wed 12/8/10 9:40 PM

I guess the word soon is relative...

[Deleted User] Thu 12/9/10 9:37 AM

Does anyone work for or even run this site anymore?

DARKSEID Thu 12/9/10 4:51 PM

They probably out sourced it to India.

Volt Thu 12/9/10 7:20 PM

Doubt that, they may actually get something done over there.

[Deleted User] Tue 12/14/10 10:04 PM

Probably back in Aruba.

Volt Wed 12/15/10 12:08 AM

Identity crisis?

[Deleted User] Wed 12/15/10 7:31 AM

hmmmmm

deen Sat 11/27/10 9:45 PM

You have baseball scheduled to be launched in 11 days, are you going to have transaction limits and some other asked for features ready this year?

Dom Sat 11/27/10 10:40 PM

Please email all future upgrade questions to notinourlifetime@gmail.com

Volt Sun 11/28/10 1:45 PM

Silly deen, they say there is no such thing as a stupid question, but I think you have proven that old adage to be wrong. Transaction limits, roto scoring and other improvements were to be implemented prior to LAST baseball season. It isn't likely to happen this season, if ever. Honestly, what is the last truly worthwhile improvement they made to this place?

deen Sun 11/28/10 2:30 PM

Yeah, I pretty much know what the answer is..But I thought it didnt hurt to ask 1 more time in hopes that maybe they finally realized that excessive streaming can and usually does ruin leagues.

I commish 8 baseball leagues and every 1 of them had some sort of streaming drama, some worse than others..

Just cant believe that installing trasaction limits into the system is this hard to do..

Volt Sun 11/28/10 3:17 PM

I guess it was worth a shot. The most telling thing of all is that they just sit there and hide, they don't answer any questions about these things. The only time they answer any questions about improvements is when they cut and paste the "this is a good idea, but it does not impact gameplay directly so we are not going to make it a priority" nonsense. I am sure glad they prioritized the celeb game and news item comments. We could not have survived without those.

DARKSEID Fri 12/3/10 6:20 PM

These fleatards are really getting on my last nerve with all this non-answering of upgrade questions !

scotto1959 Sat 5/8/10 6:57 PM

Firing Hal would be an upgrade!!!

scotto1959 Wed 12/8/10 3:01 AM

This is still a option!!!

oldcolt57 Thu 5/6/10 1:07 PM

split week.....change players twice a week

rickydagreat34 Tue 4/20/10 1:44 AM

How do get my line up