Craig31RCR Fri 12/31/10 11:02 PM

A trade was just posted in a league I'm in. Evgeni Malkin the 25th ranked center for Brad Richards the 5th ranked center, 2013 26th overall pick, 2011 6th overall pick and 2011 15th overall pick? All that for just Malkin in return? I'm a Pens fan and I love Malkin but that looks more like a one sided cheaters trade to me. Give me some input on this please. This is my 1st year playing fantasy hockey so maybe I'm not seeing something! Is this at all fair?

Dom Thu 1/6/11 7:10 PM

If you want in on a daily b-ball league

fleaflicker.com

Craig31RCR Fri 1/7/11 3:17 PM

I like weekly lineups. Daily is just to hard with injuries for me when I'm in my learning year of basketball and hockey. I'm in a daily league in hockey and didn't realize it when I joined but I don't like it and won't drop out in the middle of the season either.

Craig31RCR Thu 1/6/11 6:26 PM

yea thanks I see it a lot more clear now. I hope you see why I had concern? The keeper deal changes a lot. Thanks so much for your time.

Dom Thu 1/6/11 7:08 PM

No problem.

Dom Thu 1/6/11 5:36 PM

Malkin was the 4th player taken overall and is a very young keeper. Whereas Richards was taken 48th and will not be a keeper. The draft picks that were traded have to take into consideration of having 4 keepers. So a future 1st rounder is more like getting a 5th round pick. The position of the pick in those rounds is not set in stone as they are in reverse order of how the teams finish the year. Hope this clears it up for you a bit.

Craig31RCR Thu 1/6/11 12:12 AM

I'm new to fantasy hockey so I'm not accusing. It just looks to me a 25th ranked center for a 5th ranked center is making out. Add three draft picks and it looks like a person owning two teams and stacking one of them for next year, Again thats what I'm seeing but in fantasy you don't always see things for what they are. I guess what I'm saying is someone please convince me this isn't cheating.

Craig31RCR Thu 1/6/11 12:06 AM

yea

Dom Wed 1/5/11 8:16 PM

Is it a keeper league?