dannyboy4321 Thu 8/17/23 2:38 PM

Hello everyone,

IMO fantasy football is not fun anymore. It's hard to pinpoint exactly why. Is it the death of the bellcow back? The rise of pass offenses that spread the ball around? The prevalence of major injuries? Anyway you slice it, the standard fantasy format is not enjoyable anymore. Outcomes feel more random than anything.

I want to see if radically shaking up the standard format could bring the fun back. There are two main ways to change the format: rethink the starting lineup or rethinking the scoring. I have opted to create a league that radically changes the starting lineup. Two starting QBs and 6 starting Flex (RB/WR/TE). This way, you play the 6 best guys you have, regardless of position. Two starting QBs reflects the importance of QBs in the modern NFL, and adds an additional strategic element to the draft. No kickers, no defense or special teams, reducing random outcomes.

12 team league, weekly H2H points, single division, top 6 teams make the playoffs. Single week championship game in week 17.

Scoring is currently set as fairly standard PPR, with a few small extras.

Also experimenting with a season transaction total.

None of this is set in stone. If you are interested in the concept and have an idea to try, I am open to more changes.

If you are interested in joining the league, respond below.