ChaseC23 Thu 7/20/17 2:23 PM

I've set up a 12 team keeper league that starts this year. 14 keepers can be kept, and the max roster size is 20. Since owners do not HAVE to keep 14 players (I'm assuming this is the rule?) if an owner chooses to only keep 10 players, does that mean the draft will automatically change to a 10 round draft, since the owner needs 10 picks to fill their roster?

Also, say someone does keep the max of 14 players, but they traded for additional draft picks prior to the draft, and they have a total of 8 picks. Since the max roster size is 20, does the system automatically remove their last 2 picks in the draft so they have an even roster like everyone else?

I guess basically I'm asking if this balancing is done on it's own, or if not then can it be done manually at least?

Thanks!

FleaflickerT Admin Sun 7/23/17 4:39 PM

Hello!

The draft will go as many rounds as needed to fill each roster. So if you have owners with varying numbers of keepers set, you are going to see some with what appear to be extra picks, but it's just that they have extra spots to fill. If an owner has traded for picks, they may help him move up position-wise in the draft, but they could go unused if he is already out of picks. Please email me back if you have any additional questions around this!

BLem Tue 7/25/17 12:50 PM

Follow up question. I just created a new league and I am completely new to large keeper/dynasty. Currently I have it set up to have roster of 30 with a 5 round rookie draft. I was going to set the keeper limit to 25, however what if someone trades away a draft pick (eg. Traded a player for a 3rd round pick). Then they would have 25 players, but only 4 draft picks. Would they just be granted an extra last round pick?

On the flip side, if I allow for up to 30 keepers, then if a team keeps all of their players they would forfeit all of their draft picks?

I read the forum on "how our league can set up our rookie draft?", but still had these questions.

Thanks for the help.

Fantasy_Frank Thu 7/20/17 8:08 PM

Everyone drafts until the roster reaches the max. Trading picks will cause some to finish their draft earlier than others.

ChaseC23 Thu 7/20/17 3:02 PM

And obviously when I refer to the draft and picks, I mean for 2018 and future years