joeroads Thu 12/1/16 7:10 PM

In the league that I'm in, every owner is competitive. But, this past week, with playoff seeding and qualifying at hand, an owner in my division, started CJ Prosise and AJ Green knowing ahead of time that both players were injured and therefore inactive in week 12. On their bench was Jeremy Hill and Donte Moncrief. Both of which were the highest active substitutes available to play. And, yet they stayed on this teams bench.

That said, this team went on to lose to their opponent by just 14 points. Jeremy Hill scored just over 14 points alone and would have had enough to win the game for said owner.

What I'd like to protest is the fact that I needed the losing team to win that particular game against a team that owns the tie breaker in head to head matchups against me and as it stands, there is a real likelihood that that team will finish with the same record as mine thereby taking the final seed in the playoffs. The spot that fair and square should be mine.

I contacted the commisioner about this and he thanked me for bringing this to his attention and also agreed with me that it wasn't accepted for an owner to not put 100% effort into winning the game.

But, all the commisioner did was to state that every owner must put forth the effort to fill out their lineups fairly because of the implications it may have regarding others vying for playoff births as well as draft position the following year.

But, the game still stands and now, my team will most likely miss the playoffs because of that particular unfair situation.

My question is, can I protest this happening? And, is there any change that can be made in the playoff seeding if a decision is made in my favor? Can a team that unfairly took my playoff spot be substituted out of that slot and my team inserted?

I'd hate to think that I fair and square made the playoffs but, have to sit back and watch another team play in place of mine.

abstreet Fri 12/9/16 12:00 AM

What if he wanted that team in the playoffs because they aren't as good as yours? Seems like a possible winning strategy.

joeroads Sun 12/11/16 9:10 PM

Lol. I can assure you that the Commish in this particular league is a good guy. I've been in this league for five years now and, he has always been honest and fair.

UPDATE: Turns out that my team legitimately failed to make the playoffs.The team I needed to lose for the help I needed ended up winning. And, to be honest, I controlled my own destiny and should have won one more game than I did. So, I have come to peace with how it has all turned out.

Next year will be my year!

FleaflickerT Admin Thu 12/1/16 7:56 PM

Hello,

You can certainly make an appeal to the commish and ask him to consider giving you a playoff spot if you end up under the line. He will have the ability to reseed the teams during the week the playoffs begin. Hope this helps!