Hi, I am a dynasty league commissioner new to this site and I just wanted to clarify how your email draft works. If you could just give a brief outline of how it works that would be very helpful. If I wanted to have a startup draft first and a rookie draft later, is there a feature that would allow people to draft rookie picks during the startup?
Welcome to the site. A generic description on the e-mail draft will be below to help.
You can do what Dave says below (he is very helpful to dynasty league owners) To answer your question directly, though, go ahead and set your keeper amount and total rosters, go to
1. Commish Options>Edit Live Draft Options>Start e-mail draft>Draft your rookies... You will have players left over, just commish draft any players and then you'll remove them.
2. Commish Options>Edit Rosters>Select the team and remove the players where you want to stop the draft at.
3. Go to Commish Options>Edit Rosters>These are the keepers only (because you want to make sure they are kept for your next draft).
4. Then go to Commish Options>Edit Rosters>These are the complete rosters but still draft anyway
5. Then you can go ahead and schedule another e-mail draft
Flea is currently set for only one draft at a time, though you can have multiple drafts in a season. Therefore, you cannot draft rookie draft positions unless you assign draft pick values to players who then become draft picks.
Flea has many retired players and OL in the system. Make Jerry Rice equal to the 1.01 in a rookie draft. When Rice is selected in the startup, that team gets the 1.01 in the rookie draft. After the startup draft, set up your league to draft again. Manually edit the draft order, drop the retired players and adjust your keeper limits to account for picks.
also, i assume that you have a feature that allows people to trade draft picks during the draft?
Yes, we support trading of future draft picks 3 years in advance. We plug in how many picks you have based on how many keepers you select though. So if your roster size is 30 and a team pegs 30 keepers, you aren't going to show any picks, so ensure only keepers are pegged that want to be pegged, etc. Feel free to let us know if you need further help.
And welcome again!