beelly Wed 12/12/12 1:36 PM

Here is my situation: We played round 1 is over and the #5 and #6 seeds lost. During waiver claims the #5 seed but a claim in for David wilson, but the #1 seed claimed him (and the #5 team did not claim anyone prior to move his waiver position down). How can the #1 seed claim him if his waiver priority is the lowest? Do teams who are eliminated not get priority anymore? Is there an explanation for this?

FleaMod Admin Wed 12/12/12 1:41 PM

beelly Wed 12/12/12 3:40 PM

Thank you. I understand that, but I have a follow-up question: when was this waiver policy instituted? I and my league mates who are in a keeper league since '09 don't recall this being the case (unless we just weren't paying attention). If it was instituted this year then I can have cause to to go back and reset for this week.

farmerml2 Wed 12/12/12 4:51 PM

[Deleted]

FleaMod Admin Wed 12/12/12 4:53 PM

It has always been our policy with many competitive reasons as to why we don't. For instance, a team that barely made the playoffs, but are in, could end up with a much better WP than a consolation team.

beelly Wed 12/12/12 5:14 PM

I don't mean to be argumentative, but what you're trying to avoid is what happened in our league: the highest ranked team got a better waiver position then a lower ranked team. If you always reset the waiver wire based on ranking each week, then this shouldn't occur as the #1 seed will always be the #12 WP and so on (and this should include the consolation rankings as well). At any rate, at the very least it should be stated somewhere in the rules that waivers don't reset during playoffs and need to be manually reset if that is what is desired. The rules only state that: "waivers are to be reset each week yes / no", and I assume that means for the entire season including playoffs.

Thanks for your time and prompt responses.