The New York Post mentions impending free agent Matt Moore as a possibility for the Jets.
The Post also names veteran quarterbacks Tarvaris Jackson, Jason Campbell, and David Garrard as potential options to battle Mark Sanchez for the starting job in 2013. Moore is the youngest of the quartet, though, and is regarded as one of the best backup signal callers in the league. The Jets aren't expected to have the cap space to target higher-priced veterans like Alex Smith, Michael Vick, or Matt Flynn this offseason.
seems like losing teams never have any cap space.
No franchise QB.
+ draft and develop requires:
1. Drafting the right players; this is probably a matter of volume as much as scouting, so collecting picks is very important
2. Developing them, which requires good teachers and motivators
3. Letting the right ones walk at the end of their rookie deals
4. Keeping the right ones at the right price at the end of their rookie deals
5. Not breaking the bank on FA signings; a few bad FA signings and teams can be hurt for a long, long time.
The Jets really just need to release a lot of players and take the cap hits, recognizing that they need a complete rebuild, from scouting all the way through the head coach and his staff.
I interviewed for the Jets job but turned them down. The mailman, the local gym teacher, and my neighbor's dog also turned them down.
LOL! they called but after tatoo-gate, i refused to answer the phone.