Stevan Ridley RB NYJ 3 years ago9 Comments

Stevan Ridley led the Patriots backfield by playing on 41-of-72 offensive snaps in Sunday's win over the Bills.

The Patriots are not using a true committee backfield. Danny Woodhead saw just 16 snaps and Shane Vereen played 15. On the season, Ridley's 172 carries are 123 more than any other Patriot and he's rushed 20 times or more in four of nine games. He'll be a clear top-10 running back option against the Colts in Week 11.

Comments

Fletchisawesome 3 years ago

i think u should go with ridley- demarcus ware has been doing really well lately and the cowboys have a way better d than indy

top1214 3 years ago

The problem is trying to figure out the game plan of the Patriots, and how the game will go. If they get a big lead, lots of Ridley. If they need to pass, not very much Ridley.

Harveyc 3 years ago

They also play a lot of no huddle offence, which leaves Woodhead and to a lesser extent Vereen out on the field. Bolden is another addition to a puzzling backfield.

teevo20 3 years ago

Ridley averages over 13 pts./week, nothing puzzling about that!

Harveyc 3 years ago

I am stating that if Ridley was on a different team he would score more points! Woodhead and Bolden have taken some of his goal- line touches.

onerealfan 3 years ago

Would you trust Ridley against Indy or would play Richardson against Dallas. Leaning towards Ridley as of now.

Harveyc 3 years ago

Richardson is hard to equate with Jackson coming off of a big game against the 49ers.

Ridley will be rushing against the 22nd ranked rush D, as top1214 states, if the pats lead and look to control the clock, then Ridley will have plenty of time on the field.

Harveyc 3 years ago

Ignore the first line of that paragraph, it should teach me to post only when consulting the schedule!

teevo20 3 years ago

I have the same dilemma, my gut tells me to go with Ridley, but the last time I benched TRich was week 2, and he went off.