Kevin Smith RB DET 3 years ago8 Comments

Lions OC Scott Linehan conceded that it will be difficult to find playing time for Kevin Smith following Mikel Leshoure's Week 3 breakout performance.

"It's really hard," Linehan said. "The game plan is going to be the factor for him. If we're using single-back looks on a number of occasions, there's only going to be one in there." Barring injury, Smith will be limited to a change-of-pace role going forward. He's nothing more than an end-of-the-roster stash in fantasy leagues.

Tanner_W 3 years ago

Kevin Smith is an amazing running back! Why would someone so stupid do this retarded move and sit Kevin and put Leshoure and Bell in! I demand this move is reversed for the week 4 game so Kevin can have another chance! If I were manager I would sit Leshoure and put in Smith! Who is with me on this?!

Aaroon 3 years ago

If you lived in Detroit you wouldnt be so surprised. This is just another stupid decision I have seen in the many years I have lived here. Nothin new. We all see it but for some reason this organization just cannot. And at this point, i am convinced they never will.

Michakav 3 years ago

Poor Smith. He is a great back who deserves better. I would certainly like to see the Steelers get a RB like him.

DaPoUnD 3 years ago

This is by far the stupidist move Ive seen. Smith wins game one for the Team, where Stafford is struggling and Leasorry (Leashoure) has a good game versus a weak run defensive team and he's annointed the saivour of the Lions! Don't get it. If Kevin Smith had a chance aganst the Titans, he would have outplayed Leashoure. I've never felt sorry for an NFL player until today!

Pigskinpooper 3 years ago

Very bad move by the Lions in the long-term, make it the basically give up on Kevin Smith, who has been very effective when he is healthy..

Leshoure's "debut" took more than a full season to materialize. I suspect he could very well be like Felix Jones of Dallas: made of glass and a perennial injury risk throughout what actually lasts of his "career."

Also, last I checked, nobody was shaking in their cleats because of the Titans' defense.

Greg_W 3 years ago

So annoyed with this! Leaves me very short at RB!

PoppinTags 3 years ago