Darren Sproles RB PHI 3 years ago18 Comments

Darren Sproles (hand) practiced without limitations again Friday.

Sproles is expected to return against the Buccaneers in another must-win game for streaking New Orleans, which has gotten its record back to .500. He should be reinserted into PPR lineups. We'd probably give Sproles one week to see how things shake out in standard-scoring formats.

packman11 3 years ago

Jonathan Stewart or darren sproles?

redneck_romeo 3 years ago

id go sproles cuz cam is carolinas main rb

Captn_Fn_Phasma 3 years ago

Sproles or Lance Moore for flex spot? ... Looks like an easy question but it's not if you consider Lance Moore's production of late vs. Sproles coming off an injury and RBBC... any suggestions?

ff561 3 years ago

Sproles isn't really part of the RBBC. He's a receiver who sometimes runs and is listed as an RB. Play Sproles in PPR if he's on the pitch.

broofist 3 years ago

A receiver that is on the field for 30% of the snaps against the first ranked fantasy def against the run(4th vs pass)isn't fantasy relevant.

ff561 3 years ago

Please tell me Sproles isn't fantasy relevant again.

messifcb 3 years ago

I would start Sproles over Ballard though

messifcb 3 years ago

Play Reese Sproles gets thrown to and his hand is gonna hate that.

G-R-I-M 3 years ago

Huh - Didn't realize the Sproles was playing the Bucs while the rest of the Saints will be playing the 49ers. . .

Gent 3 years ago

rf1956 3 years ago

So would you start Ballard over Sproles?

sikchskitz 3 years ago

same decision here. I'm going with Ballard. Sproles might get some catches, but those niner LB's are big enough and fast enough to stop senior Sproles.

brandonmc87 3 years ago

Sproles had 15 catches the last time he played the Niners.

warriors2185 3 years ago

I would definitely go Ballard and Reece over Sproles. Ingram will get most ofthe carries anyways. Had Sproles myself and dumped him for Reece.

broofist 3 years ago

It's a complete crap shoot with offenses like the Saints. Sproles MIGHT be in the game for a screen pass at the 15, or Lance Moore, Colston, Graham, Ingram, Thomas, and whoever else they have that has been remotely fantasy relevant could get it. I'm not starting Sproles unless he gets 5 targets AND more than 5 carries this week. Before his hand surgery, he wasn't, no reason to expect him to now, with ALL of those guys above me healthy. Sproles is a great player, but Colston and Graham are far more likely to "get theirs" than sproles is; taking turns with 3 other guys at his position.

broofist 3 years ago

Against the 1st ranked fanatsy defense against rbs(at least in my leagues)I should add.

broofist 3 years ago

In other words, I'm flexing Bryce Brown and starting Vick Ballard and Benjarvus Green-Ellis over him in a ppr format this week.

Kung-Fu-Panda 3 years ago

Against the 49ers Drew Brees will not have a lot of time to throw the football downfield to players such as tight end Jimmy Graham and star receiver Marques Colston.

This means that Sproles will likely receive a lot of targets as a pass-catcher coming out of the backfield when Brees has to check down to his running backs.

Another way to combat a good pass rush is to run screen plays, and few running backs are better at these types of plays than Sproles because of his intelligence, quickness and vision.

Personally, I think he is worth the risk.