Heath Miller TE PIT 3 years ago27 Comments

Ben Roethlisberger believes Heath Miller is the best all-around tight end in the NFL.

"He's absolutely the best all-around tight end in the league," Roethlisberger said. "People are going to argue. But all-around tight end, there's no doubt about it." Miller is on pace for career highs in receptions, yards, and touchdowns in what is shaping up as a Pro Bowl season.

Comments

Dloc76 3 years ago

tony gonzales or heath miller?

tstein221 3 years ago

TOTALLY HEATH MILLER

commish59 3 years ago

So let me get this straight what you are trying to say is he's the best all around tight end

Fluffly_Rhinos 3 years ago

Gates or miller?

Gridiron-IQ 3 years ago

Miller

Charleston 3 years ago

I have the exact same dilemma. Miller is going against Wash who gives up 57.9% more points on average to TE while Gates is up against Cle who gives up -38.9% points on average to TE. Gates is coming off a huge game but I think I am going with Miller.

mushjk 3 years ago

Wow, as a Steeler fan, I can't believe your going to take Miller over Gates. Love Heath, got his jersey and root for him every week, but the Steelers have not been TE throwing team since Eric Green till this year. Yes, good match up for Miller with the front line of Washington being banged up but Gates against the Browns? I would take Gates for sure. I think Miller is one of the best TE's just because of his blocking skills, but the Steelers have not committed enough to throwing to him on a weekly basis for me to start him over my other TE. If I had Gates, he would start. My opinion, its your team, do as you choose. If you pick Miller, I hope you kicks ass for you.

Charleston 3 years ago

The problem with Gates is SD will be ahead all game. Richardon may not play for Cle and with Rivers turning the ball over like he has they will probably just run the crap out of Mathews. Statistics support Miller but you are right, its hard to sit Gates. I have been relying on him for many years now. I am facing someone who has Doug Martin this week so I cant make any mistakes.

Charleston 3 years ago

I would love to know if Joe Haden plans to cover Gates all game. That would make things much easier.

steelernation32 3 years ago

sd will be ahead all game?

sd sucks bro

cleveland beats em this week, you heard it here first

Charleston 3 years ago

Not if Richardson doesn't play. Weeden can't carry that team without a running game to take pressure off him.

Gridiron-IQ 3 years ago

Ya he came off his one good game this yr...miller is consistently being targeted every week,in the end zone and not...

BergerDan 3 years ago

Miller of Gronk? I can't believe I just said that. haha.

Charleston 3 years ago

Stats support Miller but there is no way I would sit Gronk with Hernandez not playing.

BergerDan 3 years ago

Gronk is the number one scoring TE already this year.

steelernation32 3 years ago

uhh... pretty sure stats support gronk

and there is no way you bench gronk for any te

Charleston 3 years ago

I do agree you don't bench Gronk, however Stl allows -28% points per game for TE while Was allows +57.9% more points per game. That was all I was saying.

begs 3 years ago

instead of looking at the stats of the defense theyre playing try looking at the stats of the players, gronk = the best

Charleston 3 years ago

I realize he is the best that is why I would never sit him as I have pointed out already.

djm180 3 years ago

Stats do not equal "the best". Miller has 2 Superbowl rings. Gronk has 0.

djm180 3 years ago

Stats do not equal "the best". Miller has 2 Superbowl rings. Gronk has 0.

BergerDan 3 years ago

Wow going 5 for 57 is a steller SB appearance. They had a running game. And Miller was only a short yardage dump off pass for the entire game. Look it up. Gronk set the record books last year. And already has better stats than Miller this year. Ok so say I agree with you and stats do not equal the best. Tell that to Tony Gonzo. He is the best because the stats have him only second to Jerry Rice. Clearly you are a Pittsburg fan only. Go wipe your butt with your towel.

djm180 3 years ago

Not even much of a Pittsburgh fan. Fantasy Football is fun, but gets on my nerves with all the undue praise of guys who are just thrown to a lot or given the ball a lot. I think Gronkowski is pretty good, but in the long run might just be slightly better than average. That offense treats Tight Ends like #1 Wide Receivers. If they threw it to Heath that much, I'm sure he'd do just as well. Plus, he's been in the NFL much longer and has shown he can play at a high level consistently. Gronkowski had 1 great year, and if he was so good, he woulda made a difference in the playoffs, including that Super Bowl last year.

begs 3 years ago

he was playing on one leg in the Super Bowl man! the fact that you say he's "pretty" good and is slightly above average ruins all your credibility. the guys a beast!

Gridiron-IQ 3 years ago

hes been a beast for one yr is what he's trying to tell u...

Gridiron-IQ 3 years ago

also it said all around tight end so that includes blocking and everything else a TE does...

BergerDan 3 years ago

I agree that Health Miller is a great all around TE. No doubting that. I can honestly say that he blocks really well when the rest of the offensive line and RBs are healthy. Big Ben has said that he wants to get Miller to the ProBowl. Tom Brady never said that. He just passes to the hot hand. Not to mention that no one can really cover Gronk the entire game. But when they need him to block, he is a great blocker that helps Welker and the Running Backs on the number one rated offense in football. Heath Miller is good, but I doubt he is a first round HOF. If gronk keeps up half the pace he did last year. He will be shooting for every Gonzo record there is. Remember Gonzo played for a crapy Chiefs team? then a rebuilding Falcons team? Gronk gets brady for the next five years.