James Jones WR OAK 3 years ago18 Comments

Aaron Rodgers says that ever since James Jones became a father earlier this year, he's been more focused.

The knock on Jones has always been inconsistency and drops. But it's all come together this year as he leads the league in touchdown catches with 12 and has drawn heavy praise from both coach Mike McCarthy and Rodgers. With Jordy Nelson (hamstring) still sidelined, Jones will have plenty more opportunities against the Titans this week. "It's pretty impressive. He's really improved a lot," Rodgers said.

Comments

Milhouse316 3 years ago

James Jones, David Wilson or Michael Turner?

vcortes24 3 years ago

aaron hernandez or heath miller

mattybrigs 3 years ago

James Jones, Julio Jones, Lance Moore, AJ Green or Torrey Smith....I am thinking....Julio, AJ, and James Jones....thoughts?

CarlisleWeenie 3 years ago

If you can play three, then yes, those are the picks. If you have to narrow it down to two, drop James Jones. He's really playing well, but the way Rodgers spreads it around, he's as likely to throw up a goose egg as a 2 TD game.

mattybrigs 3 years ago

Thanks much appreciated! That was my thought as well

SalsaEater 3 years ago

James Jones or Danario Alexander, I'm stumped.

CarlisleWeenie 3 years ago

DA has perhaps more upside. If you ignore last week, he has been more consistent. Problem is, SD is a hot mess right now. The real question is which QB do you trust more - Rivers or Rodgers? Seen in that light, I think JJ is the clear pick. Good luck.

Oxenjonzen 3 years ago

Jones, Bryant, Stevie Johnson pick 2

munk79 3 years ago

jones/dez. Drop Stevie,he blows

warriors2185 3 years ago

Ya I agree with munk, drop him.

Oxenjonzen 3 years ago

He has been more consistent then jones.

CarlisleWeenie 3 years ago

Right. JJ has more upside, but he could come up with a zero. Stevie has been mediocre, but at least he's consistently mediocre.

Dragons23 3 years ago

Jones or Jennings? Nelson probably won't play.

PerfectPerkins 3 years ago

wtf jones, hes rogers fav target

SalsaEater 3 years ago

Not true at all. Cobb is by far. But I'd go with Jones for sure because of TD value. James Jones or Danario Alexander???

Dragons23 3 years ago

I want to say jones in my gut but I think last week was a fluke for both of them. Jones made plays last week in the red zone so the titans might try to take him away not that it matters but Rodgers will just find someone else to throw it to. Alexander was shut out last week and when did that happen this year. Rivers couldn't hold onto the ball with a case of fumblitis and you got to think he will bounce back. I would play Alexander. But I would still be thinking about what jones did last week.lol I guess this doesn't really help.

SalsaEater 3 years ago

I appreciate the read lol and the insight. That's what I feel too. Both great receivers, Alexander is a huge receiver but cromartie on him will be hard. I wanna start jones (not just cuz I'm a pack fan) but cuz he has a big TD potential. But they won't pass much with a massive lead on the titans. I think I will start Alexander and hopes he comes back to life.

CarlisleWeenie 3 years ago

Rodgers will ALWAYS pass a lot. The Packers can't be something they're not (ie, a consistently good running team). JJ is a high risk because Aaron spreads the ball so much. But I think DA is higher risk, because Rivers is...well, Rivers. Bottom line is I'd go with JJ.