Monday Night Takeaways -- Week 15 fantasysharks.com Dec 18 '12
Tennessee 14, New York Jets 10
Watching the rapid development of so many rookie quarterbacks around the NFL, it's tough to watch the inaccuracy and poor decision making of second-year player Jake Locker. Of course, no one is starting Locker deep in the fantasy playoffs, but his shortcomings are killing the value of all Titans wide receivers, including Kenny Britt. Best to avoid any Titan not named Chris Johnson.
New York Jets
In a must-win situation, Mark Sanchez's horrid season continued on Monday night tossing 131 yards, one touchdown, four interceptions and a fumble. I'd be willing to bet my left chestnut Tim Tebow will be the Jets starting quarterback next week.
Tuesday Morning Quick Hits
• LeSean McCoy has been medically cleared to play, but coach Andy Reid was non-committal on the availability to his feature running back. Early indications suggest McCoy will sit.
• Jordy Nelson is close to returning, but can we trust him with our season on the line? I'd be looking for a Plan B.
• Ahmad Bradshaw is claiming he'll be ready for next week. If so, our crystal ball would suggest a 60-40 timeshare between he and David Wilson.
• Danny Amendola emerged from Sunday's game without a setback to his injured heel. He is a high-end WR3 facing the league's worst Tampa Bay Buccaneers secondary.
• Daniel Thomas sustained a knee injury against Jacksonville. Reggie Bush would have mid-RB2 value as the Miami Dolphins' lead back playing the pedestrian Buffalo rush defense.
• Dez Bryant says the finger "feels fine." If he starts for the Dallas Cowboys, he starts on our fantasy team.
• Torrey Smith's concussion doesn't appear to be serious. Smith should be suiting up in favorable matchup against the New York Giants secondary.
• With Kirk Cousins playing at a high level against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, my gut is telling me the Washington Redskins will give Robert Griffin III a second week of rest playing a very beatable Philadelphia team.