Andrei Kirilenko F PHI 11 months ago

Kirilenko officially announced his retirement Tuesday, EuroHoops reports. "This is the end of my career as a player," Kirilenko said. "It's enough. I was playing for a long time and with enough success, but now it's my time to have a different role in basketball"

Reports surfaced at the beginning of the month suggesting that Kirilenko had opted to retire, but about a week later he revealed that he hadn't yet made up his mind. After a couple more weeks of deliberation, Kirilenko, a 13-year NBA veteran, will step away from the game with the expectation that he will work with the Russian basketball federation in some capacity. Kirilenko began last season with the Nets but appeared in only seven games before leaving the team, which led to a mid-season trade to Philadelphia. Kirilenko never reported to the 76ers.

Andrei Kirilenko F PHI 11 months ago

Kirilenko said Wednesday that there is an 80 percent chance he'll retire from professional basketball, Sportando reports.

Reports surfaced last week indicating that Kirilenko had made up his mind to retire, but the Russian is apparently reconsidering the decision. "I think I had a great career," Kirilenko said. "Today I feel that my body is not ready to play a full season. Usually I make all my decisions in the summer. I can say that there are 80% chances I'll retire and 20% chances I will heal in the next few months and continue to play." A decision may not come until later in the summer, and it's unclear whether Kirilenko, should he opt to continue playing, would pursue an NBA contract or remain in Russia.

Andrei Kirilenko F PHI 12 months ago

Kirilenko has retired from professional basketball, RealGM reports.

A first-round pick of the Jazz in the 1999 draft, Kirilenko played 13 seasons in the NBA, posting career averages of 11.8 points, 5.5 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1.8 blocks per game. The Russian was an All-Star for Utah in 2003-04, and his three-year peak (2003-06) produced per-game averages of 15.8 points, 7.6 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 3.0 blocks. One of the more unique players of his time, Kirilenko led the league in blocks in 2005-06 and was a three-time All-Defensive team performer. Kirilenko began the 2014-15 season with the Nets but appeared in only seven games before being dealt to the Sixers, to whom he never reported. The 33-year-old was reportedly interested in playing for the Russian National Team at EuroBasket 2015, but he did not receive an invite.

Andrei Kirilenko F PHI 1 year ago

Kirilenko will sign with CSKA Moscow of Russia after he clears waivers, David Pick of Eurobasket.com reports.Kirilenko was waived by the Sixers on Saturday after they were unable to deal him before the trade deadline. The veteran is not expected to return Stateside this season and should be left untouched across all formats as a result.

Andrei Kirilenko F PHI 1 year ago

Kirilenko has been waived by the Sixers.This move is unsurprising as Kirilenko was placed on Philadelphia's suspended list on Jan. 9. He began the season in Brooklyn before getting traded to Philadelphia in December and has not even attempted to join his new team since the trade. The veteran is not expected to sign with another NBA team this season and should definitely be left untouched on the waiver wire as a result.

Andrei Kirilenko F PHI 1 year ago

Kirilenko (personal) has been placed on the Sixers' suspended list, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

The exact terms of this listing are still unclear, although the move likely stems from Kirilenko's unwillingness to report to Philadelphia amid personal reasons. In terms of fantasy, nothing really changes for the veteran since he'll continue to stay off the court until future notice. Although it appears that the Sixers are still hoping to get Kirilenko on the court to increase his trade value at some point in the future, as opposed to simply waiving him.

Andrei Kirilenko F PHI 1 year ago

The 76ers would like Kirilenko to report to the team and eventually play in games, Yahoo! Sports reports.

Kirklenko was dealt to Philadelphia earlier in the month but has not reported to the team amidst personal issues that have kept him out off the floor for most of the season. The forward's representatives are pushing the Sixers to waive him, enabling him to become a free agent, but the organization is reluctant to do so. Philadelphia's incentive, of course, is to hold onto Kirilenko and get him on the floor to potentially increase his value around the league. Then, the Sixers could subsequently look to deal him for a modest return around the deadline, rather than simply releasing him and getting nothing back.

Andrei Kirilenko F PHI 1 year ago

Kirilenko, who is expected to be traded to the 76ers and subsequently waived, is not expected to remain in the NBA in the short-term, Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today reports.

A deal should be finalized Thursday sending Kirilenko to the 76ers, who will waive him immediately. The veteran has played sparingly in just seven games this season after appearing in 45 last season, his first with the Nets. Kirilenko has been away from the team of late dealing with a family matter, so the 33-year-old is expected to take some time away from the game, though he could sign on with a team later in the season.

Andrei Kirilenko F PHI 1 year ago

Kirilenko will be waived, and effectively become a free agent, after he is dealt to the Sixers, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports.

Kirilenko's trade to the Sixers is expected to be finalized Thursday, but with Philly having no need for a washed up veteran, they will allow him to hit the open market. Any fantasy value for the 33-year-old will likely be dependent on his ultimate landing spot.

Andrei Kirilenko F PHI 1 year ago

The Nets are expected to finalize a deal Thursday to send Kirilenko to the Sixers, ESPN's Mike Mazzeo reports.

The deal was originally reported by Yahoo! Sports. Kirilenko wasn't expected to travel with the team any time soon while dealing with a family matter, but the Nets' patience appears to finally be wearing thin. When he does make his return to the court, he'll likely see a more prominent role on the lowly Sixers. The deal will save the Nets roughly $12 million in salary and luxury tax, and will likely also send a draft pick to Philadelphia.