FleaMod Admin Fri 9/14/12 1:26 PM

The NFL and the Elias Sports Bearau meet on Wednesday to confer and make official statistic changes to the previous week's games every week.

We will be changing all stats that the parties officially change. These changes will take place by our system on Friday morning, as the NFL sometimes makes their changes as late as Thursday night (they did this in 2010 to Rashard Mendenhall for his Week 15 game vs the Jets minutes before the Steelers kicked off their Week 16 vs. Carolina on Thursday night). Barring anything very major (we'll take this on a case-by-case basis) we will never process any official changes made after Friday AM. This will be up to your commissioner to change manually if that happens (which is usually never the case).

Although not common, stat changes may very well change some of your matchup results and change overall PF results (more common). You may opt out of this at Commish Options>Edit Tiebreak Rules. If any matchup has changed in your league, you'll see it in the Front Office as an alert.

For now, you can see the stat changes that were made by going to Scoreboard>Stat Changes

To sum up:

- We will change everything the NFL changes, but the stat changes on the scoreboard sub tab will be specific to your league position eligibility and scoring rules. Scoreboard>Stat Changes

- Your league is alerted in your front office if the result of a matchup changed

- Your commissioner can opt out of this at any time at Commish Options>Edit Tiebreak Rules

WaveXL Fri 10/5/12 11:52 AM

The NFL doesn't take wins away from teams a week after the game either. Even if it was a win on a technicality. Just because the Ref made a bad call on a game winning catch, the ruling on the field stands. The NFL even said that they were not going to change the call because it was a ruling on the field. In essence you are changing league results a week after the rulings. Changing player stats 4 days later is like throwing a challenge flag for something that happened last quarter.

Second, this is not something the Comish of a league can even do anything about. If you are changing scores, it doesn't have anything to do with tie-breaker opt-outs, because there is NO LONGER A TIE! It is simply a loss. If you are going to state that a Comish has a choice to "OPT OUT" of something, add an extra piece to the tie breaker settings that will prevent stat changes after Wednesday morning at 5:00am. (Before Waiver Wires!!)

I understand that there are going to be stat changes after a game, and it is even stated in your live scoring that "All scores may not be accurate until the following day." That's fine, i can live with my score changing Tuesday, or even Wednesday morning (before waiver wires!). Changes after that affect leagues that have a static waiver position that depends on your League Standings. If I lose, I get a better waiver position, and a chance at a better player Wed. morning. If I win, I have to wait for the losing team to pick in front of me. Changing "tie" scores on Friday morning skew the ENTIRE league. The team i played not only got a loss changed to a win, but they may get the player I would have picked up if I would have gotten the loss instead. This can trickle down all the way to trade possibilities too.

All that to say, Leave it up to the Comish after the games are done. Don't make changes after a new week has started.

FleaMod Admin Fri 10/5/12 4:23 PM

We hear you. Your commish does have the option to opt out and the NFL does indeed make the official stat corrections (that can cause players rushing titles, etc.). Our fantasy game is based on stats for the most part, not actual NFL team results -- separate issue there.