fleafounder Admin Mon 7/6/09 3:19 PM

Please help us test the new slow draft feature.

We now support "slow" or E-mail drafts where draft selections are made on the site with unlimited selection time. Owners are notified of selections via E-mail (make sure you have your preferences set to receive E-mails).

The commish can make selections for any team.

This can serve as an alternative of a few requested features for the live draft like pausing the draft.

There's also a feature to finish a slow draft in the live draft room. This is useful because you can take your time with the important early picks and still finish the draft quickly for the less important late-round picks.

There are likely some bugs so let us know if something isn't working properly.

Thanks.

iamgregg Mon 7/13/09 4:00 AM

Some previously unmentioned (as far as I see) features I'd like to see in slow drafts:

- Editing of previous pick. In a case where a mistake is made (in relation to league rules)

- Specified player pools. Useful for rookie-only dynasty drafts. Some dynasty leagues also like to hold two seperate inaugral drafts - veteran and rookie.

- Multiple drafts. I'm not sure if it's possible so I'll mention it here. For example, one of my dynasty leagues holds an annual rookie only draft, followed by a Free Agent draft where any remaining player can be drafted.

- Ability to set a number of rounds. Either with a set amount, unlimited or simply set it to fill roster (the current default).

- Draft and drop. Ties in with the previous items. Drafts with a set number of rounds can go on after a team fills it's roster by allowing them to drop a player.

- Ability to pass on a pick. Also give the option to pass on current pick and all future picks.

These are all relatively minor, but if they apply to my leagues, they'd probably be useful to others too.

FFCSR_Doug Mon 7/13/09 11:56 AM

Good suggestions. The limiting of the player pools is a nice option. It requires a significant amount of work but it is definitely useful for dynasty leagues.

fleafounder Admin Mon 7/13/09 12:25 PM

It's not documented but you can undo the previous pick by cutting that player from your roster.

iamgregg Wed 7/29/09 12:42 PM

There seems to be a bug with this. When an owner trades a player they just drafted, while the owner after them is still on the clock, it works like the pick has jsut been undone and they get another pick.

The-Dark-Knight Fri 7/31/09 1:34 PM

Am I blind, or is there no way for a Commish Undo? There should be, cause I made a Commish Pick for another Team.

VinceB128 Fri 7/31/09 2:15 PM

Read above. You can undo by cutting the player. Either with commish tools or have the owner do it.

The-Dark-Knight Fri 7/31/09 5:03 PM

Nope. I'm the Commish and I cannot edit rosters while Slow Draft is in progress.